Bloggers – We’re all the same

The Blogging universe is huge. There is a lot of us and you wouldn’t ever find a nicer community. But like all communities there can be a dark side. Today I’m going to talk about this.

We as bloggers always try our hardest to create unique content for everyone. Some make it big in little to no time for others it can be a slow journey. But that’s ok, eventually we will all make it if we put the effort and dedication in, for others it’s more of a hobby and numbers make no difference to them. But here’s the thing; when we do make it to the top of that big blogging tree we have to stay grounded. Staying grounded means that people still respect you and the work that you’re doing. Unfortunately this isn’t the case for everyone.

I’ll use twitter as my main example. There is a girl, she has 100 followers and she’s just started out blogging, she’s just quoted a much bigger blogger in a tweet and she gets nothing back. No like, no comment, no recognition; diddly squat. Now imagine how that girl who has only started out in the community feels, I imagine she’s feeling quite low. It takes less then a minute to respond back and make her feel a little good.

I guess what I’m trying to get at is. Stay humble. You are the same as someone just starting out, like their posts, retweet, give them advice, credit etc; help them. Because even though you’re followers are in the thousands, you too were at 100 followers before.

We’re all in this community, we’re all a part of this massive wonderful team and if we can all help each other out in just a tiny way then we’re making someone’s day a little brighter.

Because at the end of the day we’re all the same.

Claire xoxo

1. rachelwilliams94

November 22, 2016 at 8:00 pm

I completely agree with this. I’ve definitely come across some bloggers who think that they’re above others. Everyone starts in the same place so I don’t get it

1. thatmummarocks

November 22, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Never forget the place you started x

2. Vegas Girl Blog (@vegasgirlblog)

November 23, 2016 at 12:59 am

Bloggers helping each other is one of the most important things to do! Who knows what a new blogger is going through better than another blogger who has gone through it? (:

Single Vegas Girl

1. thatmummarocks

November 23, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Exactly, a little help goes a long way x

3. Tanya

November 23, 2016 at 9:00 am

This is so true. We have to remember what we were when we started. And all bloggers are same. I love this post. xx

1. thatmummarocks

November 23, 2016 at 7:47 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed reading it, sometimes these things need saying x

4. A Pulgarita

November 23, 2016 at 9:29 pm

This is so true! Also one thing that annoys me is larger bloggers who follow and unfollow if you don’t follow them back. And in IG all the bot comments. I will never do this to gain followers and I love when we as a community are super supportive despite having sometimes very different blogs. Yesterday I went to a bloggers meetup in my city and even though some quite successful bloggers were there everyone was very supportive and cheerful as if should 🙂 keep going!

5. JustRere

November 27, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Such a good post! I hate when bigger bloggers forget that sense of community!

6. youmustbehighxo

December 1, 2016 at 2:14 pm

I love this post! Easily, one of my favourite things about blogging is the strong community that we all share and enjoy – it’s this same sense of community that gets these big bloggers to where they are x

1. thatmummarocks

December 1, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Thanks for taking the time to read it. We all need to stay grounded and remember we all started in the same place x

7. Friday Favourites: Claire – Life With Ktkinnes

January 20, 2017 at 9:07 am

[…] Bloggers – We’re All The Same really brought it home to me how harsh we can be on each other, and so Claire’s post reminding everyone to stay humble is one that I simply cannot share enough. It’s so true. Claire refers to a tweet she saw – a blogger with 100 followers quoted a much bigger blogger and got nothing in return. How would you feel if that were you? For many of us, it was us, or even still is! So please, give Claire’s post a read and help me share it as far and wide as we possibly can. […]

8. Shelise

March 21, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Ahh I really love this post, you’re so right and I think some bigger bloggers forget about where they started off and don’t show any communication with smaller bloggers, I saw a post once from a big blogger saying something like your post, but I had commented on her posts several times and follower her and never heard from her once x

S x | SHELISES WORLD

1. thatmummarocks

March 21, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Awww that’s a shame, sorry you had to experience that! I promise you we’re not all like that, thanks for reading x

9. Beccah

April 6, 2017 at 1:25 pm

I do think it’s nice to make new bloggers feel welcome in the community and I like how we can all connect with each other so easily. I am very new myself but recently connected with somebody literally just starting and it was just really nice!

1. thatmummarocks

April 21, 2017 at 10:08 am

I’m so glad you’ve found others to talk to! Thanks for reading x