Accept me or walk on

Acceptance. One word, but a word that means so much to people.

For most of us being accepted means freedom. The right to be who we want to be without judgement or looks in the street. Being who we want to be brings happiness and when we’re not allowed to be who we really are that can bring a whole lot of unhappiness into the fold.’

Who am I? – I am Claire a 32yr old mum of 2 who for nearly most of my life hasn’t been able to express who I am because of the world’s perception of ‘normal’. The fact really is quite simple, we are all normal.

Being into things that the ‘normal’ people wouldn’t be into made me think that I would never fit in, I like makeup and clothes yeah…but I don’t have a clue about how to apply makeup. I’d love to say that when I walk into a coffee shop I pick up a green juice. I don’t. Full fat coke for Claire please. Will I ever pick a salad over a greasy burger? No I won’t. This right here though is normal, just because the press may think that its ‘normal’ for bloggers to be all green juice and pretty salads doesn’t make it true.

I game. I love gaming. I love watching old cartoons and films. Hell I even enjoy watching wrestling. I think that people who cosplay are amazing, I love geeky niche, because that is who I am and it has taken me years upon years to accept that and if I’m honest with you it should never have taken me that long. If I want to wear my Disney t.shirt and Harry Potter hoody out then I should bloody well be able to do so without the stares. How about instead of staring you compliment instead – honestly being nice makes us both feel good, try it sometime.

beach-1737038_1280

I don’t want to be ‘normal’ I want to be me. Because to me and millions of others, that is our ‘normal’.

At the end of the day, how does it affect you if you see someone dressed differently or listening to music that isn’t ‘normal? It doesn’t. It doesn’t affect you in the slightest.

What I’m trying to say is….You accept me or walk on.

Blog Signature

1. Fashion idea queen

April 3, 2017 at 10:07 am

Beautiful article – people in general need to be more tolerant – we are all different it would be a boring world if this weren’t true. Instead of judging we should appreciate and learn from one another and allow each other to be happy.

1. thatmummarocks

April 21, 2017 at 10:04 am

Awww thank you and thanks for reading x

2. enyiie

April 3, 2017 at 10:51 am

Yesss! Love this post, Claire πŸ™‚ I agree that we all should be proud to be ourselves and show some individuality and personality. We would all gain so much more by being accepting of others. Thank you for sharing!

3. Tiffany Rawling (@TiffanyRawling)

April 3, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Love this! Nothing wrong with being yourself, and loving what you love! I don’t think I would ever reach for a green juice, always fizzy pop! And in a restuarant I’ve always gotta go for something with chips, life is for living and we all have our unique things that we love, it would be so boring if everyone was the same!

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

4. Rebecca (@radishsociety)

April 3, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Yes! Love the message in this post – being ourselves is the best way to be!

5. Beth

April 3, 2017 at 10:24 pm

I’m like you. I like things my other 23 year old friends dony like doctor who and harry potter! I’m a huge book nerd and geel but i just get om with it πŸ™‚
    Personality wise i love me πŸ˜€
    Xx

1. thatmummarocks

April 21, 2017 at 10:05 am

Ahhh doctor who and Harry Potter are the best! X

6. Sonam Lotay

April 4, 2017 at 6:53 am

Good on you! I’m very much a person that believes that people who can’t accept you can should just move one

1. thatmummarocks

April 21, 2017 at 10:05 am

For sure! Thanks for reading x

7. Melissa πŸ’πŸŒΈ (@fruity_flamingo)

April 4, 2017 at 6:55 am

totally agree with this post, best being yourself in life, Im the same. I like being me.

8. clairelouiisexo

April 4, 2017 at 9:26 am

This is so lovely! It’s always best to be yourself, you meet the best people that way too!
    Claire xo

9. annalisanuttall

April 4, 2017 at 10:26 am

I’m like you. There are many thing that my other friend just can’t stand! If people can’t accept me then I just walk – can’t be bother with people like that. xx

1. thatmummarocks

April 21, 2017 at 10:06 am

Best way to be, thanks for reading x

10. Andrea

April 5, 2017 at 6:05 am

This is such an amazing post with such an amazing message! I honestly think a lot of people tend to cling on to things, even if they’re damaging… It can be quite awful.
    By the way, I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award (my post’s right here: https://andreasnirvana.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/my-mystery-blogger-awards-nomination/).
    Let me know if you’re planning on doing it!! πŸ˜€
    Keep hustling x
    Andrea

1. thatmummarocks

April 21, 2017 at 10:07 am

Awww that’s so kind of you thanks Andrea x

11. Jess Wen

April 7, 2017 at 11:34 am

YAAS I love gaming and I have no idea about makeup either! Harry Potter and Disney are my jam <3 the reason why I love blogging is that I can reach out to people who aren't the normal 'normal' but are just awesome πŸ˜€

1. thatmummarocks

April 21, 2017 at 10:08 am

It’s great to find others the same as us right?! X

1. Jess Wen

April 21, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Yeah definitely! Have a lovely weekend πŸ™‚

12. GirlMasked

April 9, 2017 at 9:05 am

Thanks for sharing this post, I can definitely relate to some of it! We should all be allowed to be unique and accepted for who we are. The wrld would be a pretty boring place if we were all the same! By the way I’m a big Harry Potter fan too!!

1. thatmummarocks

April 21, 2017 at 10:10 am

It really would! Thanks for reading x