Why I Love Autumn

Leaves are falling onto the ground, those big celebration tubs are beginning to grace supermarket shelves and there’s a slight chill in the air. I think it’s safe to say that Autumn may well be here and I could not be happier!

I am currently sat here in a roll neck jumper and jeans feeling very content. I have always had this love for Autumn/Winter, I love feeling comfortable and safe inside and I think this is where my love for Autumn stems from. You just can’t beat that feeling of being indoors in your dressing gown hot chocolate in hand whilst it’s raining outside and lets not even get started on how much soup I can enjoy throughout these cold seasons…a bowl of soup is essential, with crusty bread on the side of course!

Layering is another love for me. In the warmer months you get hot and that results in you having to just sweat like a pig because you can’t be walking the streets naked, but in the colder months you have the option to put an extra blanket or duvet on the bed at night, you can add another jumper on if your cold and most importantly its a brilliant excuse to buy lots more different boots (in case you didn’t know I adore boots) ankle boots, calf boots, knee high boots and timberlands all play an essential part of my Autumn wardrobe, as well as a few pair of thick black tights coupled with a skirt!

Lets not forget that two very important occasions occur in Autumn. Halloween and Bonfire night. I adore both and I think since having my children its made me enjoy them even more than I did before. On Halloween we get lots of Crisps and Sweets in, we carve pumpkins during the day and then when it comes to the evening we sit down, light the pumpkins, eat all the sweets and watch The NightMare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus! It’s a tradition we like to do each and every year and I’m a firm believer in traditions, it gives us something to look forward to!

Moving onto Bonfire Night and I do like to cook that night! Hot dogs, Burgers, Jacket Potatoes and Soup, I just love going all out. We do try go and see a Display but if we can’t make it to one then the kids are more than happy to sit by the window and watch all the different fireworks that the neighbours are letting off!

I do have to mention Candles, I love Candles and I seem to like them more in the colder weather! Yankee Candle have an amazing range at the moment and if you’re a fan like me go sneak a peek at what there offering, link is here

The last thing that I love about Autumn is what follows it, starts with a C and ends with an S. Some people love it, some people dislike it. I bloody love it. Soon as I see all the Christmas products out I get excited like a child, I love to plan and buy everything in the Autumn so that when it comes to December I have time to chill and enjoy the month.

I would love to know what all you guys love about Autumn so be sure to comment down below! If you haven’t already you can read my previous post where I talk all about The Sims..that’s here

1. Abbey Louisa Rose (@abbeylouisarose)

September 15, 2017 at 1:05 pm

Ooooh this post has left me feeling all autumnal! The weather has definitely taken a chillier turn in my part of the world, and the thought of cosying up by the woodburner with my dogs when I next visit my parents is a very nice one! I quite enjoy layering up as well, I have a gorgeous mustard yellow knitted jumper that I love bringing out every autumn/winter! Thanks for sharing your favourite aspects of the season!

Abbey 🍂 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

2. Kelly Fletcher

September 15, 2017 at 7:26 pm

I love Autumn too. All the colours and the cosy knits. I love the circle nature goes through with things dying off now in preparation for the Spring.

3. Amina

September 15, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Autumn is definitely a lovely season although the weather being so all over the place can get to me. But i cant wait to snuggle by the fire and get all cosy!

Amina xx | http://www.AliandHer.com

4. cams

September 15, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Aww the advantages of being in the northern hemisphere! It’s officially Spring here down under and it sucks that it’s warm during Christmas season. I prefer the cooler Autumn and Winter Season too.

5. Kate Ballamy

September 15, 2017 at 7:48 pm

This post is giving me all those cosy feels. I love autumn too, autumn and winter are definitely my favourite tines of the year. Loved your post xx

6. Heather

September 15, 2017 at 7:57 pm

This post has made me even more excited for Autumn! Its my favourite season of the year and I cannot wait for the cosy nights in with a blanket and hot chocolate!

Heather xox || http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

7. Lisa McLachlan

September 15, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Ah, I’m a Summer girlI’m afraid! I don’t like Autumn mists, my hair ends up like Monica in that Friends episode, haha. But I’m with you on Hallowe’en, Bonfire Night, and Christmas now we have our daughter. Somehow children make these events so much more exciting, for me anyway. And yessssss to hot chocolate! X

Lisa | http://www.lisasnotebook.com

8. Cole

September 15, 2017 at 8:17 pm

I love candles in the autumn! Such a shame I can’t have them at Uni! Xx

9. Amy

September 15, 2017 at 8:26 pm

This was so nice to read – had me thinking of being wrapped up nice and warm with a hot chocolate, listening to the sound of the rain! It’s so relaxing. Also, I love soup! That is one of the first things I also thought of with it getting colder. Was so nice the other day coming home from work, my mum had some soup made and it had been raining all day – was so good! Xx

10. Rachael

September 15, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Ahhh this post has got me so excited for autumn! I’m not quite ready to accept autumn is here yet but I have had to start wearing the odd jumper! I love that autumn is the perfect excuse to cuddle up under your duvet and have lots of movie days hehe great post lovely!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

11. Tracy Hennessy (@MissTsTwittter)

September 15, 2017 at 8:35 pm

The weather has to be the best thing about Autumn, although its very mixed here in Ireland. Theres just something about the chilly air and wrapping up in wooly jumpers and scarfs. Of course, I do love Halloween too, I go way OTT but its also because my birthday is Halloween Night so its a big celebration. Great post <3

12. Louisa

September 15, 2017 at 9:19 pm

I love feeling that little chill in the air and seeing the leaves falling from the trees. I love collecting conkers with my little sisters. Burning candles and cosy evenings are the best! Isn’t Autumn great?!

13. Britney

September 16, 2017 at 4:30 am

I absolutely love all of these things about Fall (and Winter) as well. Sometimes having a job can ruin the fantasy though, like when you have to go out in frigid temperatures and drive in the snow (which can be dangerous). I always wish I was rich so I could live in a huge cabin-like home, and in the Winter I can just sit there by the fireplace, bundled in blankets, and watch it snow outside of my huge glass windows without a care or having to worry about going anywhere. 😛 Fall is that great in-between though where it’s chilly but not too cold, and of course you have the beautiful leaves and pumpkins and Halloween!

14. Jenny in Neverland

September 16, 2017 at 7:45 am

Great post! It’s nice to see a “why I love Autumn” post that isn’t a list actually. You’re very descriptive (; I adore Autumn too. I saw a post yesterday from someone about why they hate Autumn and I was like NO, NO, NO. I can’t wait to wear boots, tights and thick socks again! I also LOVE bonfire night and going to fireworks displays <3

15. Helene

September 16, 2017 at 8:48 am

I love autumn too!:) particularly because I love soups, and autumn is exactly the right temperature for soups…pumpkin and tomato (separately, not together) are my favourite!☺️☺️ Thanks for sharing!

16. Harminder

September 16, 2017 at 1:52 pm

True that… Autumn is a beautiful weather and the way you have described it just cahnged the way I see it from now. Nice article.. It was worth a read

17. Nicola

September 16, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Omg the soup I can’t wait to make pots and pots of soup. I love autumn too because my birthday is in November and my sons birthday too. Can’t wait for him to experience Halloween & bonfire night as he will be 2 and will hopefully get excited for what’s happening.

18. Natalie

September 16, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Loving this post! I enjoyed hearing about your traditions that you share with the kids. When I lived in the US, I loved fall but now that I live in the UK, I love spring haha. It’s funny how it changes based on where you are.

19. Hannah @ The Northern Writes

September 16, 2017 at 7:30 pm

lovely! autumn is all about cosy duvet days and scented candles for me, best season!!

Hannah @ The Northern Writes | http://www.thenorthernwrites.co.uk

20. Sayanti Mahapatra

September 17, 2017 at 6:06 am

Autumn, in my opinion is the most celebrated season throughout the world. In India, autumn marks the beginning of the festival season. And we have our major festivals and consequently lots of shopping in this season only. It is very good to know that people across other countries have something in common. 😊

21. Dometris

September 17, 2017 at 6:10 am

Great post! Definitely put me in th season over here in Korea it’s just now getting right where it needs to be. I’m excited to do snores with my daughter outside.

22. Shona

September 17, 2017 at 11:30 am

Yes yes yes! Completely agree! I love a reason to wear a cosy jumper. And halloween is one of my favourite time of years. Also each night haveing candles burning just makes the place cosier!

Shona Marie xo

23. Rosie

September 19, 2017 at 6:21 pm

This post has got me so so excited for autumn! I love the way you write. It feels like we’re in a coffee shop having a natter!

24. Zara Anne

September 19, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Loved this post, I still have yet to publish the one I wrote last week and it’s great to see we share the love for similar aspects of autumn! Love the autumnal theme on your blog! Xx

Itsallzara

25. Soph

September 19, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Can’t wait to the colder weather to roll in i love autumn!!

Soph | http://www.planetwhispers.blogspot.com

26. Sara Wood

September 19, 2017 at 6:32 pm

I love autumn so much! I have a major obsession with boots and jumpers which I can’t control at this time of year either. Lovely post.

27. Lea

September 19, 2017 at 6:32 pm

You’re so right! Autumn is amazing! I love all the cosy jumpers, layering up and lighting candles. Plus just snuggling with my bf when it’s dark and raining and you’re all cover up in blanket. Oh and Christmas oh yes! Can’t wait for it!
    Lea, xx

28. Crystal

September 19, 2017 at 6:47 pm

I love autumn because of sweater weather and all the beautiful colours.

29. Gemma

September 19, 2017 at 7:17 pm

I love autumn! I can’t believe it’s here, I can not wait for it to get colder, being able to wear my jumpers! Autumn is the perfect month I love being all wrapped up also candles are amazing!

Gemma | http://www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

30. Nourish Lift Love

September 19, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Those yankee candles look amazing! Hocus Pocus is definitely a favourite, I hope it is on Netflix soon! I also love layering up in the colder months, and cosying up with warm jumpers and hot drinks. Autumn is the best season!

31. Lisa McLachlan

September 19, 2017 at 7:41 pm

This post did make me smile, I’m really not a huge fan of Autumn, all those misty mornings play havoc with my hair (#vanity)! But I do like Hallowe’en, Bonfire Night, and Christmas, our daughter gets so excited and it’s impossible not to join in. And we LOOOOOOVE the Nightmare Before Christmas – Zero rocks! X

32. Katie

September 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm

This post just made me feel all warm and cosy inside! Although you forgot the best part about Autumn – my birthday at the start of it! For me, I love walks in the forests at this time of year, especially when you have to wrap up in multiple layers, pull out the scarves and gloves, and end the walk with a nice warm drink! But the best part about Autumn? It means you’re almost at Christmas!

33. Jay

September 20, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Omg this post could actually written by me!! I love all the cosyness and the jumpers and the colours. Your halloween and bonfire sound perfect. We usually get loads of junk food and watch scooby doo etc, I much prefer a kid friendly Halloween because I am a huge wuss and can’t stand horrors xx

Jay / jayxoblogs.com

34. corinne & kirsty

September 20, 2017 at 6:58 pm

I love autumn so much too! For pretty much the same reasons! The soup, the bonfire, pumpkins, lattes, bright and warm colors. Cosy jumpers also! such a cosy season! xx corinne

35. Mishmeshblog

September 20, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Loved this post, it has got me looking forward to autumn now x

36. Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl

September 21, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Love this post honey! Autumn and spring are my favourites! I live autumn for the colours, the cosy nights, Halloween and more! It’s just such a great month and it leads us into Christmas season! Bonfire night is such a great night, we tend to make some pizza and have a fireworks show out in the garden. It’s a fab time of year!

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

37. Harminder

September 21, 2017 at 5:30 pm

True that…You just made me fall in love with autumn…Amazing write-up…
    Loved this.

38. Zoe

October 1, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Awh I just love Autumn I really feel like it’s one time of year that except for Christmas everyone gets excited about, I love soups too during this time of year it’s just the perfect food.

39. Kate

October 20, 2017 at 10:10 am

Lovely post! I love this time of year and that bonfire night cooking sounds wonderful! 🙂
    VioletDaffodils