A Night At The Big Bingo Bash

Call me old or out of touch but I love playing bingo, although to be clear I am one of those people that NEVER win anything…not even a line! However, despite my obvious bad luck I still like to play a game of Bingo and I think that is due to spending many days playing Bingo with my Granny as a child.

You can imagine how excited I was when I was invited to attend The Big Bingo Bash at WestWood Cross in Ramsgate* and after hearing about how great the whole evening would be I just couldn’t wait!

I was allowed to take a plus one and as the event was taking place at Westwood Cross I decided to take my Step Mum as they live in the area. We arrived at 6.15 and my immediate thoughts were at how much Mecca had pushed the boat out on this event. Dancers and entertainment staff dressed in Vegas inspired outfits, the lighting was all set to purple and there was a special drinks and food menu for the evening. I was lucky enough to receive some food and drink vouchers and each one of these entitled me to a drink up to the value of £5 and a meal up to the value of £6.

The next thing I have to mention is the Band who played. They were really good and what I found great about them is that they didn’t just stick to the one genre of music, they were really varied..when I mean varied I’m talking all the way from Elvis to Adele, they had everything covered (literally). The lead singer was especially good, she made it a point of trying to get everyone involved and clapping along which is always a good thing because who wants to watch someone just stand there right?

Now lets move on to the food. I’m not gonna lie, by the time I got to the Bingo Hall I was starving and I really needed food, so after looking at the menu I decided on the battered chicken burger and chips and sadly that’s not what I got. I did indeed receive a chicken burger and chips but the chicken wasn’t battered it was just a plain chicken breast which was a little on the dry side, so I didn’t get to eat much of that burger however I did order something else later on which was much better.

The main entertainment part of the evening was a mix of traditional bingo games minus the ‘sssshhh’ parts, although they did have a few other games one of which involved giant bingo balls that everyone would hit around the room, the idea was that at the end of the game everyone had to catch a ball and the winning number would be the winner. Clearly we all knew I was never going to win because its me! But a lucky few people won a variety of prizes, from toilet rolls to a Michael Korrs watch!

Most impressive of all was the entertainment team and the hosts of the evening, the hosts were Gemma Barrett who arranges the evening and Danny Posthill from Britain’s got Talent (who may I add is hilarious) the partnering of these two is genius and they seem to work really really well together. Kudos to Caroline for arranging such a entertaining and enjoyable evening.

Aside from Chicken Burger gate I had a thoroughly good night and I am so glad that I went along. I can see why this night is so popular and I’d love to see it being done in maybe more Mecca Bingo Hall’s up and down the country, this is for sure something that needs to be shared with the whole of the UK. Finally a big thank you to Mecca for having me and giving me an amazing night.

*I was invited to this event by Mecca Bingo free of charge in exchange for a review. All thoughts are my own and all opinions are honest.

1. Chloe

October 22, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Hi, you cant beat a game of Bingo whatever your age, gereat to see yo can also get food and drink, a great night of fun to be had.

2. Bookinggoodread

October 22, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Sounds like a great night, apart from the chicken burger, I’m really fussy with chicken burgers. I do love bingo but I’m like you never win anything 💕💕

3. Katie

October 22, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Looks like you had a brilliant time! And that’s what I actually HATE about chicken burgers and that’s what I was saying to Jordanne today! Chicken burgers that aren’t breaded just are strange. Who wants them? Glad it didn’t ruin your night though! xx

4. Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl

October 22, 2017 at 7:31 pm

Sounds like you really had a good night babe! I still love the outfit you wore! The top was just stunning and you really suited it. I’ve gotta admit, when I first played bingo I had begginers luck haha I won £150 so got cocky and went the next week buying like £15 with of books and not once did I even get a line haha. The entertainment sounds good, honestly, I would love for us to have a bingo night haha it would be so fab hahaha then we can drink all the cocktails afterwards 😉

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

5. corinne & kirsty

October 22, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Sounds like a great event! you’re lucky you were invited! I have never been to such an evening! could be interesting! xx corinne

6. Savana

October 22, 2017 at 7:56 pm

This looks like such a fun activity. I’ve always wanted to go to a bingo night. This looked like one which is really worth attending. Enjoyed reading your post.

7. Ellie

October 22, 2017 at 8:06 pm

This sounds like a great night! I do love a good game of bingo! Glad you had a good time

8. Wendie

October 23, 2017 at 6:12 pm

Looked like a fun night, my granny used to love bingo.

9. Ysabelle

October 23, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Looks like such a fun night! I never do anything fun like this when my family come to visit, i wish we had more stuff like this nearby. Hope you had a lovely time!
    Ysabelle x

10. Kate

October 23, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Had thought about trying bingo but never got round to it. Might have to have a go (although my bad luck is legendary LOL!!)

11. Amy

October 23, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Ah I love a game of bingo! Looks & sounds like you had a fun time! Love http://www.amyvictoriabaldwin.com

12. Kirsty-Louise Bates

October 23, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Oh wow. This looks like so much fun! So glad you enjoyed yourself. Shame about that chicken burger tho. Aha. Xx

13. Wilbs

October 24, 2017 at 3:43 am

This sounds so fun! I used to work at a bar that did Bingo nights and they were great. Love it x

14. Tiffany

October 27, 2017 at 1:08 pm

Sounds like a really fun night! I’ve never actually been to Bingo but this looks so good and is definitely tempting! I love the look of the entertainment. Shame about the food, it’s disappointing when you order one thing and for some reason end up with another and they don’t even mention anything! x

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

15. AbbeyLouisaRose

October 29, 2017 at 6:44 am

Claire this event sounds like so much fun! I really love playing bingo as well, I used to play every single day when we went on holiday as a child haha! Mecca really did pull out all the stops for this event, I would especially have loved to join in with the huge bingo ball bouncing around type game hahah! Anything to try and win a toilet roll, right? 😉 Such a shame about the food, I’m glad you got something else later that was better than the dry chicken burger!

Abbey 💗 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

16. Gemma

October 29, 2017 at 7:31 am

I’m not much of a fan of bingo, but I’ve never been! So I don’t know if I would enjoy it, would probably be cool to go. Especially something like this, this makes the evening more enjoyable because it’s not just about bingo. I feel sorry about the food though! Chicken burgers are normally always nice, so there’s definitely some disappointment there.

Gemma | http://www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

17. Zoe

October 30, 2017 at 3:27 pm

It sounds like you had an amazing night. I’ll be honest and say I’ve never been and played Bingo before! Great post!