This time next year – revisited

Last year I did a tag as part of Blogmas and it was called the ‘This time next year’ tag. So I thought that today it would be really fun to go back and see exactly how many of those things have come true! If you wanna read that tag or even take part yourself then you can just click right about here!

So this is what I set last year…

This Time Next YearI will have learnt to drive

So yeah this didn’t happen haha! If you didn’t know I have this anxious fear of driving, sounds silly I know but when you’ve failed a test over and over you start to believe that you will never achieve it.

This Time Next Year I will have lost more weight

What went wrong here Claire? Pizza that’s what went wrong, too much damn pizza. I think for about a week in the year I did really try to get back on track with dieting but it just fell apart, however after Christmas I am going to do it because we’re off to Lanzarote in March and I need to be tip top to wear a bikini!

This Time Next Year I will exercise more

Yeah this didn’t happen either haha! I think though that for the next year I’m just gonna try focus on the exercise that I do enjoy which is most likely Yoga and Swimming. Two things that I really enjoy and if given the time I’d like to do more of!

I’d love to know if you have smashed any of your goals for this year or if you’re going to be setting any for the new year? Be sure to let me know in the comments!

To read last year’s Day 7 click right here

1. Ruth

December 7, 2017 at 10:18 am

Well done in passing your driving test. That’s a major achievement. You should be so proud of your success. Hope you’ve celebrated!

2. Tiffany

December 7, 2017 at 1:21 pm

I took part in this tag and totally failed on my too! I set myself quite a few goals this year and only achieved a few of them, oh well try again next year haha x

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

3. Kate Sinclair

December 7, 2017 at 1:54 pm

I never set new year goals or resolutions as I never achieve then and also get really demoralised when I don’t!! I just hope that I can move forward somehow!!! Hope you achieve some of your goals next year. If it helps i had a friend who struggled to pass her driving test, it took 8 times but she passed and hacks been driving for a few years now (more than either of us like to admit). If it’s your dream, don’t be so hard on yourself and keep trying, you will get there xx xx

4. Sayanti | bingeonbasics.com

December 7, 2017 at 4:45 pm

In my opinion, new year resolutions are superficial. For planning or setting real goals, we should not need another year to come. I have my goals set for a month in advance and like very few goals may be 1 or 2. This makes me achieve my targets easily and in an efficient manner. For Christmas and New Year, I only want to be a better person than I was a year before. Merry Christmas and may all your goals get finished super quick and you get showered with all the happiness that you deserve. Much love, XOXO.

5. Kirsty-Louise Bates

December 7, 2017 at 6:57 pm

I never set goals for the new year, I always take one day at a time. That way I won’t fail if I have nothing planned. Great post. Kirsty. X

6. Madeline

December 7, 2017 at 6:59 pm

I love this idea! I will totally try it!

7. Zoe Jackson

December 7, 2017 at 7:40 pm

I set myself a few goals last year and a few were achieved and a few were accomplished that weren’t there was achieved also, so I’ve had a few wins and a few loses. The driving for me is the same, I have a lot of anxiety around the subject! Great post x

8. Katie

December 8, 2017 at 7:55 am

I actually laughed out loud in the car before work at the pizza being the problem 😂 someone walking past gave me a weird look…

Sometimes we need to not achieve goals to realise whether we actually wanted them or not!

I set goals for the year, but I also set them for each month to try and help the year long ones along the way! But I’m including them in my Blogmas series so you may have to keep an eye out for this post 😘

9. Annaleid

December 12, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Congrats on passing your drivers test! That’s a huge goal completed!! Loved reading about your goals and you reminded me I need to do mine somewhere in April again!
    xoxo Annaleid